Ubuntu 11.04

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ubuntu 11.04

Post by SithTracy on Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 3:38

Installed Ubuntu 11.04 this evening... This new Unity GUI is going to take some getting used to... So far so good on my Sandy Bridge rig though... that is a plus over 10.04 and 10.10...

Back to top Go down

Re: Ubuntu 11.04

Post by zebadee on Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 8:16

Back to top Go down

Post by rrplay on Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 14:48

will DL the default iso and spin it up over the weekend & install will grab a 'mini' / net install and check it out a bit during the week just more of a Debian dude def did not care to much for the 10 .04 or 10.10 so during that time mostly Squueze and Sid for me
rrplay
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee on Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 14:55

rrplay wrote:will DL the default iso and spin it up over the weekend & install will grab a 'mini' / net install and check it out a bit during the week just more of a Debian dude def did not care to much for the 10 .04 or 10.10 so during that time mostly Squueze and Sid for me

Hi :)
The download is in iso. format.
So you can either burn a CDr.
Alternatively run from "virtual drive".

Back to top Go down

Post by rrplay on Sun 1 May 2011 - 1:04

zebadee wrote:

hi
came across this handy app called X boot http://sites.google.com/site/shamurxboot/ it works really good for putting multiple .iso on a flash drive .Used it for some Windows utilities as well and the comes in handy for the distro hopper.
rrplay
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee on Sun 1 May 2011 - 17:18

rrplay wrote:
zebadee wrote:

hi
came across this handy app called X boot http://sites.google.com/site/shamurxboot/ it works really good for putting multiple .iso on a flash drive .Used it for some Windows utilities as well and the comes in handy for the distro hopper.

Thanks for the link. Clapping
zebadee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy on Sun 1 May 2011 - 19:18

After a couple of days of use, Ubuntu 11.04 is no more stable with the Sandy Bridge platform that 10.xx. Will try a different distro soon, but I don't hold much hope for it working in the near future. Perhaps it is that I am overclocked... who knows... but Windows 7 x64 runs great on the same rig.

Back to top Go down

Post by rrplay on Mon 2 May 2011 - 2:09

SithTracy wrote:After a couple of days of use, Ubuntu 11.04 is no more stable with the Sandy Bridge platform that 10.xx. Will try a different distro soon, but I don't hold much hope for it working in the near future. Perhaps it is that I am overclocked... who knows... but Windows 7 x64 runs great on the same rig.

I have not cared to much for the 'buntu's from 10 .xx on and mostly used Debain Squeeze /Sid
found the #!Crunchbang to be a knock around linux for me with 'liquorix' kernels working nicely most of 2010.Even the #! alphas seemed better than some.! and my custom installs
last week or so loaded up 2 Mint Debian based XFCE4 with ATI and Nvidia installs to post and play some native games on linux with some OC on the cards and fan profiling.
just like to avoid the 'flaming -fan-boi' nonsense regarding the ol

"Debian is not Ubuntu
Ubuntu is not Debian"

Still give Naty ' a go with some some install and see how the X boot can load up several images and go from there esp with the graphic drivers ATi Nvidia as a possible net install [buntu] without the unity cloud and see how it is with my rather light OC.
rrplay
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by startreksuite on Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 13:07

When you helped me out my comp bind SithTracy, I had to move some files from the main to backup drive before formatting. Since I couldn't access it through xp, I ran an ubuntu 11 live cd and moved the files without issue. Even the internet was accessible!
startreksuite
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rrplay on Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 12:47

SithTracy wrote: ..Perhaps it is that I am overclocked... who knows... but Windows 7 x64 runs great on the same rig.

yeah I have noticed that too even booting the Ubuntu 11.10 on my modest OC'd i7 870 does not seem to play all that nice.Unless i build up a net-install and grab a 'liquorix kernel .which just seem to work a bit better & easier for me to config and setup on a Debian based system rather the Ubuntu 11.xx.Wish I had a bit more time to check it out a bit more rather than a brief observation ..just thought to share some feed-back all the same. :)
rrplay
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum