Split Screen Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Split Screen Issue

Post by HoneyBlue on Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 4:34

Hi, guys! :D
Although I had read about this issue long time ago, I never paid attention to it until it happened to me. shake_new
I've got a laptop or, more exactly, a mini (HP notebook - I know, great mistake! :| ).

For more than 3 months I've had a split screen, I don't know why. Even the BIOS screen appears the same way, I've got no clue whether it's a matter of settings or a problem of the card.
Basically, the screen is reduced to the upper left corner of the monitor; the resolution hasn't changed, though. In addition, the screen duplicates partially at the bottom, and there's a black band on the right.

When it happened, I reinstalled the driver with some technical assistance. No results. I updated the BIOS with no results, either. I even restored the system as it could have been something I set up, but it didn't work. Strangely, when it's projected in an external monitor or a video beam, the projection's normal. And one month after the strange happening it went back to normality magically, but the joy only lasted one day.

According to what I've read, the most possible cause of this is temperature. And I wouldn't hesitate about it, sometimes my PC is perfect for a Bar-B-Q, it overheats too much. It's already damaged my hard disc twice. But I wonder how temperature would affect my screen this way.

Any theory? I'd appreciate your comments, as I've got no doubt you know about PCs more than I do. In fact, you do know about PCs! 👅
HoneyBlue
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Split Screen Issue

Post by 4hams on Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 14:59

Hi Anita, I know the biggest issue with laptops and notebooks is usually heat. Things like this may happen when it starts to over heat. If yours is doing this all the time as in as soon as it is turned on then I would have it serviced to see what is going on?

Is it still under warranty and if so get it checked out by the manufacturer.

Good luck with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee on Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 15:51

Hi :)
You can do as Joel suggests.
Problem with laptops/notebooks is........
If you actually use them.
They are prone to to run hot.

Things you can do yourself (now).
Ensure that your notebook is raised.
(Allowing airflow underneath.)
To check if there is some software conflict run AdvancedSystemCare Free.

As a rule anything damaged on a notebook has only one course of action.
Replace that part.
Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBlue on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 3:35

Hi, Joel and Martin! Thank you for your reply! :D

I bought this piece of machine :lol: about two years ago - in a couple of days we'll celebrate two years of survival. Due to this overheat the hard disc has been compromised three times. I took MiniMurphy to the manufacturer because, thank heaven, it was still under warranty. Yet, the very last time I was given a second-hand hard disc without being told! :( The same manufacturer did!

Anyway, I'm afraid its warranty expired a year ago. And I've taken the laptop to two technicians I trust, but they didn't check it in deep. Of course, they couldn't find what the problem was. They tell me it could be a matter of welding. :P Nothing else has been done.

After the first episode of the fried hard disc, I always use MiniMurphy with a portable fan.

Perhaps this is just a signal of the beginning of the end, the final countdown for MiniMurphy. 🤡

HoneyBlue
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams on Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 14:16

Hi Anita, I think you mentioned that the beast works great when using an external monitor? If that is the case then the video card is fine therefore must be another issue. Possible a cold solder joint somewhere between video card and laptop screen. Not and easy diagnosis or repair!

Good luck with it. You may want a diagnosis and repair estimate from a reputable repair shop so you can decide weather money should be spent on repair or the purchase of a new unit!

Good luck and keep us updated. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBlue on Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 1:57

Sure I'll keep you informed about the issue. It will be very interesting to see what the cause is! ;)

Greetings from me and the beast ☀ (I like that name! Perfect for MiniMurphy! 🤡 )

HoneyBlue
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum