https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome newbies

+11
SATRAT
Alby
SavageNFS
Shadow
JayCee
Alan1512
McstylisT
Hugo
zebadee
bubbles19
Admin
15 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Welcome newbies - Page 6 Empty Re: Welcome newbies

Post by Alby Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 7:20

Strange though....
I could upload from the work server to Photobucket, but from Photobucket to here.... nothing works. Like I said, I'll try from home and a laptop from work. might be able to bypass some protocols....fingers crossed.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 17:06

Alby wrote:Strange though....
I could upload from the work server to Photobucket, but from Photobucket to here.... nothing works. Like I said, I'll try from home and a laptop from work. might be able to bypass some protocols....fingers crossed.

Well maybe it is Photobucket itself!!! I don't really like using that site much. If you click on the host an image link when you are posting an automatic link comes up to host the image then you can downlaod it here that way too without using photobucket.

I will have to go into photobucket to see why.. it may have to do something with permissions.. perhaps how you have your profile set up.. I don't know. I am not real good at this sort of thing myself. Wish i could be of better help. :|
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 0:00

No, no...
I'll jump into it and have a look. Didn't do too much when i first hooked up.
I'll try anything to get it going.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by startreksuite Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 1:28

what site do you like to use Vampire Girl? I use it as well, I have found that the updates to the site have made it more difficult. I'll try and upload some pics via photobucket too to see if it works for me at home.
startreksuite
startreksuite
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 2:47

startreksuite wrote:what site do you like to use Vampire Girl? I use it as well, I have found that the updates to the site have made it more difficult. I'll try and upload some pics via photobucket too to see if it works for me at home.

1.When you make a post like this one. look at the icons in this posting window.. click on the one that says "Host an Image" in the tool bar. A window will automatically come up for "www.servimg.com".
2. If you are posting a pic from your hard drive just click the "browse" button and your pics will open up if you have it set up that way or otherwise go into your pic folder. choose your pic and click the "open" file button in your pic files.
3.This will then show up in the lines for files to be uploaded in the servimg window. You may now choose what size you want the pic to be. I prefer the 600pixel size for websites choice as they are not too big not too small. Now hit the "Host It" button.
4. A new window now will show up with three ways you can post your pic. Click whatever one you want to copy to the site by hitting the corresponding "copy" button. At this point you can either choose to "Upload" your pic to the website or you can close the window by just hitting the host an image icon again.
5. Now you can do one of two things. One, just right click your mouse and hit "paste" and your URL will now post in the window here. You can now put in any caption you want as you would type any message while posting. Just don't mess with the URL as it appears. Or, you can click on the "Image" Icon above and paste the URL into the box and hit "OK" button. But honestly it is a unnecessary step I have found out. You can even go back and edit your captions as you would any post! :D

I wish i knew how to make copies of the windows in each step.. maybe someone can enlighten me on that one!!??

Last edited by Vampire Girl on Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 6:00; edited 2 times in total
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by startreksuite Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 3:57

Welcome newbies - Page 6 P1010813
okay, it works for the most part, but the copy paste feature is tricky on firefox for me. I had to underline, right click copy and right click paste on this section. better than opening a new window to chase down your image, but if it's not on your hard drive, photobucket has been working so far. If I get fed up, I'll switch to this site. Thanks for the guide!
:D
startreksuite
startreksuite
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbles19 Wed 2 Jun 2010 - 9:51

Vampire Girl wrote:
I wish i knew how to make copies of the windows in each step.. maybe someone can enlighten me on that one!!??

I have Snagit installed on the main PC Link (which I'm not using at the moment) - this allows you to add text/pointers and lots of other fancy stuff (as below), but there are free screen capture tools out there

I prefer ScreenHunter (free edition :D) on the works machine (make sure you get the correct download) Link but another popular one is WinSnap

Welcome newbies - Page 6 Snagit
bubbles19
bubbles19
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

http://www.knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 5:48

Wow.. Thank you!! I will have to look at each of those options and install one.. :D
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 6:04

zebadee
zebadee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/