https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Person with the last post wins....

+12
bob2701
Vampire Girl
JayCee
Admin
Alby
SATRAT
sanshoe
SithTracy
4hams
SavageNFS
bubbles19
zebadee
16 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Person with the last post wins.... - Page 20 Empty Re: Person with the last post wins....

Post by SithTracy Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 4:00

HAWKS WIN!!! ... and take back the lead in the best of 7. They are now one win away from Lord Stanley's Cup!

Still... They go back to Philly Wednesday night for Game 6. It will be a tough one. The final tonight was 7 - 4, but Philly played well. Going back there is going to be a war.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Person with the last post wins.... - Page 20 Empty Re: Person with the last post wins....

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 5:29

SithTracy wrote:

HAWKS WIN!!! ... and take back the lead in the best of 7. They are now one win away from Lord Stanley's Cup!

Still... They go back to Philly Wednesday night for Game 6. It will be a tough one. The final tonight was 7 - 4, but Philly played well. Going back there is going to be a war.

Wow.. Sith! That is totally awesome!!!! Way to go Hawks!! ☀
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 20:22

Hi :)
Some folk post anything here ................
Just to be last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Including me...rotflmao
zebadee
zebadee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 21:36

zebadee wrote:Hi :)
Some folk post anything here ................
Just to be last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Including me...rotflmao

Hahaha... but just like the woman I am... I will always have the last word!!!!!!!!!! nana
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 23:46

Hey Guys,
Don't know If you know much about this...
One of my twin girls is due to get braces (teeth).
In preparation for them, she needed to have a few teeth extracted (last Tues). unfortunately one in her jaw was getting worse during the week. No sleep for her or the missus. Got to a stage I rang the dentists no. Sat. morning. Their emergency service was in Melbourne !!. Bugger that !! The wife made a few calls and found someone more local... in Torquay (only 15 mins drivedown the coast).
They were great. Apparently it was a 'dry socket' They flushed and re-packed it. Anti-bio.. tabs and strong 'pain-aways' she's on the mend. It's hard when you see them in pain, crying, not knowing how to help. On the mend now thank goodness.

P.S. Al's in front (just quietly).

Last edited by Alby on Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 23:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 1:40

Glad the daughters feeling better Al, I hate dentists, I go when I have to, still got my own teeth and can still chew a nice T Bone lol! They're just so expensive..Dentists that is..oh and T Bones as well.

Good win for the Cats and the Swans.

In reply to VG's comment I always have the last word in this household.........It's usually "YES DEAR" right away...

rotflmao

This puts me back in front. nana
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 1:44

Alby wrote:Hey Guys,
Don't know If you know much about this...
One of my twin girls is due to get braces (teeth).
In preparation for them, she needed to have a few teeth extracted (last Tues). unfortunately one in her jaw was getting worse during the week. No sleep for her or the missus. Got to a stage I rang the dentists no. Sat. morning. Their emergency service was in Melbourne !!. Bugger that !! The wife made a few calls and found someone more local... in Torquay (only 15 mins drivedown the coast).
They were great. Apparently it was a 'dry socket' They flushed and re-packed it. Anti-bio.. tabs and strong 'pain-aways' she's on the mend. It's hard when you see them in pain, crying, not knowing how to help. On the mend now thank goodness.

P.S. Al's in front (just quietly).

Al,

I had braces on my teeth as a girl. I had four teeth pulled to make room for the others. I was miserable for a week. I can't say i ever had trouble with the socket, but i imagine it was pretty awful for her. Braces are pretty miserable too especially when they put on the new wire and make the adjustments. She will be sore for about a week each time. So keep lots of soup on hand. It will be all she will feel like eating without chewing. 😢 I can totally relate to the process. I am sorry she suffered. It's going to be a long haul too... takes up to a couple years to make the adjustments before the braces can come off too. Then retainers for at least a year after that. Well that is if things have not changed with the process in the last 20 years!

I hope she gets to feeling better. They should have given her pain medicine when they extracted her teeth to start with. So sorry that they hadn't. But every doctor is different.

Jenny
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 1:48

sanshoe wrote:Glad the daughters feeling better Al, I hate dentists, I go when I have to, still got my own teeth and can still chew a nice T Bone lol! They're just so expensive..Dentists that is..oh and T Bones as well.

Good win for the Cats and the Swans.

In reply to VG's comment I always have the last word in this household.........It's usually "YES DEAR" right away...

rotflmao

This puts me back in front. nana

That's right!!! picknose Two rules: 1. the wife is always right even when she is wrong 2. if in doubt see rule number 1.
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 2:09

We only let you think your right... It keeps the peace 👅 and saves a whole lot of further discussion.. rotflmao

Am I getting into deep water here?????????

Back in front.
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 2:19

sanshoe wrote:We only let you think your right... It keeps the peace 👅 and saves a whole lot of further discussion.. rotflmao

Am I getting into deep water here?????????

Back in front.

I'd say you're up to you neck in it.. maybe Alby can help you! hahaha this is you..... help_up_2bigmove

This is me... in front! angel
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 2:56

Sanshoe....
You are spot on !!
A nicely toned "Yes Dear" or "I see your point" goes a long way. Try to argue the point, you just sink deeper & deeper in the s***
Even we are in the right.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 3:02

Thanks guys,
Got my own teeth as well Sanshoe.
Went through this as well a few years ago with the eldest. Out of pocket heaps too. Even though that's not the point, still hurts.
We'll manage.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 8 Jun 2010 - 15:12

We were fortunate to live in a city with a major dental school so my parents took me over to the dental school for my dental and orthodontic needs. It was cheaper, but still quite a bit our of pocket. A lot of dental insurances here do not cover orthodontists or very little of the cost. I take it you guys have some coverage where you are?
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 0:02

Try this...
Total cost between $2500 to $3000
We only get back.... $350
Disappointing to say the least !

The visit to the other dentist on Saturday was worth $50
but nil out of pocket. That was covered.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 5:17

Mt daughter;s braces are costing us $5k out of pocket. While we have dental insurance, it does not cover any orthodontics. It's a scam. Thankfully the orthodontist has a monthly payment plan or I would have had to take out a loan.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 5:41

Wow !!
That's large mate.
I must assume ... top and bottom teeth ?
You're right... It is a scam. We were lucky this time with money in the bank. Just have to save harder for our trip next year. and hope nothing else serious happens. I'm hoping the clutch in my car can last a while longer...
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 13:15

Even with the use of the dental school i think my parents had to cough up something like $2500 when i had my braces (top and bottom) 25 yrs ago. Holy crap... wow that makes me feel ancient. Good thing I am a vampire, I'll be young forever. :twisted:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Wed 9 Jun 2010 - 14:47

Expander (spreads the upper palette), upper and lower braces. Not to sound like a real cheap dad, but we took her to a total of three and got opinions on what she needed done. All three were friendly and seemed to be used to being service/price checked. All three orthodontist recommended almost the exact same methods, but one stood out from the others as the most friendly and accommodating to our daughter. Of course they were about $300 more than the other two of course. So far we have been very happy with them and we have the braces nearly paid for. Just two more months and we will get them paid off 8 months before they come off.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 0:22

Good to hear.
And trust me that's not being cheap, it's sensible.

Ours goes in today to get hers on. Pretty sure top and bottom.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 5:16

HAWKS WIN!!! HAWKS WIN!!! HAWKS WIN!!!

2010 Stanley Cup Champions!

Alby... you can borrow my energy for the Cats now!!!
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 6:40

You absolute beauty !!!!!!

There'll be dancing in the streets !!!

Are we ...celebrating much ??!!! Did you wake everyone ?

What was the score ?
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 6:50

Alby wrote:You absolute beauty !!!!!!

There'll be dancing in the streets !!!

Are we ...celebrating much ??!!! Did you wake everyone ?

What was the score ?

LOL!!!! I doubt his family was even allowed to go to sleep for all the raucus cheering and edge of his seat nail biting that was probably going on!!! lol!
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 6:52

Just watching some highlights on the website.
You're right ... an absolute nailbiter
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 6:54

Just watching some highlights on the website.
You're right ... an absolute nailbiter
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 7:01

So lovely and so nice you had to post it twice! hahaha

rotflmao
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next