https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Blackhawks Hockey

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chicago Blackhawks Hockey - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago Blackhawks Hockey

Post by Alby Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 22:18

7am here guys and AL Pal is sad.
Geelong lost last night. In our footy tip comp. I tipped the Crows to win as a roughy. I went on the fact that the Cats had a hard physical game last week and had to travel to the city of ferals. I've heard of oppositon supporters being spat on and threatened after games (even after winning).
Enough of that... Sith, we have a freeview channel that only shows sports. Your football, Baseball etc. I was watching a baseball game this morning before leaving for work. Just thinking.. this is a young mans game... at the highest level. Question for you is... are there local leagues like ... within a town ie... in Geelong we have the Geelong Cricket Association, I play for Leopold and we play against other suburbs around Geelong. And have up to 7 grades per Club.
I'm done with playing the higher grades. I'm 47 and playing with and against guys my age, some even older. and play at a pretty good standard.
Do smaller towns have Baseball comps down to that level ? I'd be dissappointed if not. What level did you play?
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 22:31

I played in leagues as a kid, but mostly pickup games in the streets or wherever we could play. As far as baseball... nope, no leagues for us old folks... Unless you play softball in tavern leagues. There are major league sport farm systems, but those are usually in areas major league sports are not... and it's for the young talent to develop into pro players.

Being the father of two girls, tavern leagues are not the place for me anymore... and nagging injuries keep me from playing anything on a consistent basis (knees, shoulder, hip, elbows, wrist, ankle - getting old sucks). I used to play as a filler role on occasion, but the team I filled for disbanded a couple of years back... they were getting too old and getting beat by the younger guys.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 22:47

See,
That's what I like about our game and it's with respect to baseball. It's like... If you're not good enough for the minor leagues where do you go for sport ? Sorry mate , just a bee in my bonnet.
I think the main sports (same over here) can be very selfish.
Cricket... unless you play at state level and above you can't make any money from it. That's here in Aus. It's probably different in England.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JayCee Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 12:45

The main paying form of the game is the County scene. There are some leagues that allow payed players such as the Lancashire league but the majority of leagues are amateur.
JayCee
JayCee
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed 21 Jul 2010 - 0:16

I see.
In our local leagues. The club will pay the coach (up to $5000)and possibly one good player (up to $2000, more under the counter). Some clubs will pay players to stay or come to their club illegally. It's a good way to bankrupt a club. Mercifully we don't.
The rest of us pay to play. Our membership is around $250 per season. that gives us a training uniform and the ball fees for the games, insurance etc. I still enjoy playing, training, having a couple of beers after the game. Good ole male bonding mate !!
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sun 25 Jul 2010 - 9:45

Good luck with that Savage!!
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 16:13

Vampire Girl wrote:Good luck with that Savage!!

Thanks for the luck wishes! I know that my beloved Wings are hated by many round here, but after 10 years in Michigan, I just can't stop rooting for them. I really just love hockey. I could watch any team. I don't know if I have told this story or not before. If I have, my apologies.

Couple of years ago. My then 6 and 8 year olds were playing pee-wee hockey. Both my kids were already pretty good skaters at the time and were on the same team. They were in a no check league and most of the kids were pretty good. I was an assistant coach, so I was in skates on the ice with them. We started a scrimmage and out of the blue my 6 year old does a full speed check on another boy on the boards. Took him right out. They boys were going at it on the ice when me and the coach separated them. When I pulled off my son (wearing a Wing's jersey), he just looked at me puzzled as to why I would be upset. He then says to me: "but dad, he is wearing a Stars jersey!" We made them both do some drills to cool off as apparently they were both taunting each other all practice. The coach and I were talking later (he is a Wings fan) and he said it was all he could not to high 5 my son for the excellent check and reasoning behind it. I was so embarrased and proud at the same time.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 16:45

Good story Savage... would have been better if your son was in a hawks jersey and the other kid was in a wings jersey! LOL... j/k.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 20:58

SithTracy wrote:Good story Savage... would have been better if your son was in a hawks jersey and the other kid was in a wings jersey! LOL... j/k.

you sir, are not funny boxing
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 27 Jul 2010 - 23:47

I thought it was pretty good. heh heh !!

PS: Go Hawks !!
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Wed 28 Jul 2010 - 4:27

Alby wrote:I thought it was pretty good. heh heh !!

PS: Go Hawks !!

beer

Lighten up, Savage.... The Hawks cleaned house after this one and something tells me they still got more cap room to clear. Heard a rumor Niemi may end up on the "Things"
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2