Windows 7 64 bit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 64 bit

Post by LeslieG on Thu 18 Nov 2010 - 17:28

I have been on Ebay (Wednesday) and I have purchased Windows 7 64 bit for £53. I was absolutely delighted as I trialled Windows 7 before it was released. I am however having deep concerns now as I have always been a believer that if a thing looks too good to be true it usually is. I will keep you informed..... The seller did have a 100% record on Ebay so I still remain relatively optimistic. Watch this space.
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 7 64 bit

Post by 4hams on Fri 19 Nov 2010 - 14:20

I am sure everything will work out just fine for ya! :)

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy on Fri 19 Nov 2010 - 16:04

Guessing it is an OEM license and he is a reseller... I suspect you will be fine too, Les... Don't sweat it too much. You made your decision, focus on the positive! Your getting Win7 x64! Welcome to the club (though I primarily use Linux these days... I still have needs for Windows apps on occasion).

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG on Sat 20 Nov 2010 - 9:23

Well guys it arrived yesterday and it now adorns my computer screen. Also it is not an OEM it is a full packaged retail version of Ultimate with 64 bit and 32 bit disc. It only goes to show that even if some things appear to be too good to be true, they still can be true....On the same Ebay page other sellers were asking over £100 for the same product. Even Amazon were asking over £100. Thank goodness it was a buy now price or I would be feeling guilty now.
Marvellous.
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee on Sat 20 Nov 2010 - 12:19

Hi :)
Well done m8.... Thumbs up big

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 on Sat 20 Nov 2010 - 16:50

LeslieG, glad it worked out for you. Would you like to share the specific link to ebay? Thanks.
bob2701
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG on Wed 24 Nov 2010 - 11:13

Hi admin.... I replied to bob2701..did the reply get moved or deleted or more likely did I forget to click the send button. Age has its compensations but not a lot of them.
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 on Wed 24 Nov 2010 - 13:36

Never saw the post. Try posting again.

Thanks. Duh!
bob2701
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 9:38

Hi Bob2701
It turned out that all that glitters is not gold. A wise head informed me to check the product code once the system was installed. If the second set of numbers were 065, 066,067 or 068 then then the key was a MSDN which I believe stands for Microsoft Developers Number. These discs are purchased by Software writers to test their product against the different operating systems. The downside being that they are only active for around four months then they cease to function. Unfortunately Ebay have a 40 day period for getting your money back through paypal and the system would outlive that period easily. Due to the early warning I received I was able to get my money back. Pity really as everything except the price looked perfect. My wife and I purchased Windows 7 for our son last Christmas from a well known retail outlet and it cost over double the amount I paid for mine on Ebay although the Ebay product was packaged and the two discs looked exaxtly the same.
Pity really.......I have since heard that a cyber friend of mine has had one of these numbers on his copy and it has been running for over 6 months.......Microsoft have not done a second validation on his copy yet.
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 20:45

Thanks for the heads up. I guess you get what you pay for.
bob2701
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams on Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 23:03

Sorry to hear the news Leslie. I thought ya had a good deal there.
But like mom always said if it looks to good to be true thenit probably is...

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 10:47

Yes Joel I often use that saying myself but on this occasion because the guy had 100% feedback I let my instincts be overridden. I did, however notice that there was no feedback from purchasers of other copies of Windows 7 although it stated that he had 10 copies for sale and all have been sold. One thing that my son belatedly told me to look out for was look more carefully at their feedback, as very often con artists start off by purchasing a large number of very cheap item which they pay for very promptly. That way they build up very good feedback then they sell things like this and in my case for sure 4 to 6 months in the future when it stopped working I would not have a clue who I had bought it from. In this case thanks to Alan I got a good lesson and it cost me nothing other than a bit of trust in people.
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams on Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 16:57

In this world it is hard to trust anybody. Isn't that sad...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum