https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television User manual

Go down

Television User manual Empty Television User manual

Post by LeslieG on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 16:51

Hi Guys, my wife and I have just taken delivery of a brand new 42" LG LCD television. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering (My first gainful employment) I also have a degree in Laws and a Post Graduate degree in Management. Why have I mentioned my qualifications, Not to boast, I am now retired so they mean nothing. I mention them because the user manual that came with the TV whilst written in good English it may as well be written in Korean for all the sense I can make of it. I do not know whether I am having early signs of dementia or whether these manuals are designed to confuse. Oh dear, I must conclude this epistle and have another look at that damn manual. Incidentally it is also nearly 200 pages long and came on a CD so I have to use a cart load of paper to print it off. Television User manual Affraid Television User manual Affraid
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Television User manual Empty Re: Television User manual

Post by SithTracy on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 18:25

Les, It's just full of fluff and common sense written in a way to confuse you... just turn the damn thing and get ready for an adventure of figuring it out. We just picked up a couple new HDTV's for our room and the kids... Love that you can hang them on the wall to keep them out of the way... that said, I don't think I even cracked the manual on the Toshiba Regza model we got for our room.

Enjoy the TV though!!!
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 19:26

Thanks Tracy, there are times that you say the right thing at the right time. I have now tried the old trial and error system and it is working well. Maybe i will read the manual occasionally and at leisure to find out the other things that can be done with it.
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbles19 on Fri 12 Feb 2010 - 22:53

Les

Most of these TV's now come with 1st time use setup so all you need to do is make sure you have the ariel connected and the TV will do the rest regarding finding any signal & channels.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 18:44

Thanks Alex, I have now got the all the basics working fine. I will still, however, have to consult the manual to help with one problem. The TV has built in freeview, which I have managed to activate and all the freeview channels have been captured in very good quality. The problem is that so far I cannot get freeview to play the sound through my home cinema system, it will only play through home cinema when we are watching SKY TV. I feel sure that the answer is just around the corner though, I am quite enjoying the challenge.
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbles19 on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 18:51

Les - Could just be the way it is all cabled up.

I find having freeview (although great as it does away with the external boxes) has the odd limitation.

Like when we moved house we didn't put up a sky dish right away so we immediately hit a problem when wanting to record anything not on the standard 4 channels as in the old house we would record everything through sky onto the hdd recorder. As the freeview is build into the tv you need the tv on to record the channel and you need the tv on that channel so you may as well just watch it.

I got round the problem short term by getting a cheap freeview box and used that one for when we wanted to record anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun 14 Feb 2010 - 19:09

Hello :)
Make & model would be useful.
I know you list make. ;)
I assume when using Sky it is external.
To get the Freeview audio, you may need not only cables but change some setting in the TV's menu.

"We'll be friends until we are old & senile.
Then, we'll be New friends.
"KT @ UDVDR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum