https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A night to forget

2 posters

Go down

A night to forget Empty A night to forget

Post by Alby Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 7:08

Just one of those nights out of the bag...
I'm currently on Standby (on call) for work out of normal hours. We were in the middle of a fairly big rain event and our last big screw pump decided to 'cark it' which meant we had to rely on our recently installed submersible pump. It's a goer but only has a capacity of 1000 lt per second (top end). This meant there was a back up of sewage up the pipeline and flow into our emergency lagoons and plenty of alarms. These alarms couldn't be disabled by me for some reason... so... at home... every few minutes the autodialler at the plant would phone me with an alarm I already knew about... from 11 pm til 6am the next morning (today). I dozed off at some stage, One of my girls woke me at 4:30am holding her phone with my angry boss on the other end.(He got a call from the dialler). I'd fallen asleep next to the laptop on the floor in the lounge with my finger on the 'acknowledge' button on the laptop.Came in to work this morning still feeling crappy.
4pm and still no change to the levels (still high). Hoping for a quieter night tonight.
We managed to disable the alarms so I won't cop it tonight (fingers crossed).

You guys cop things like that?
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

A night to forget Empty Re: A night to forget

Post by sanshoe Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 3:01

I've been in the S#*t a few times but nowhere near that amount of S*#t. :affraid: lol!
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 4:18

Woo Hoo!!
Finished standby!!
Did get a call-out last night. Had to come in and clean a filter at 10:30pm.
It would've shut part of the plant down had I let it go. I was lucky I'd done this before so I knew the procedure. Out of the place in within an hour. Back In bed by Midnight ...aaaah ....zzzzzzz!

Think I'll do some pre-season cricket training tonight and a couple of beers afterwards with the guys.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down