https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums

Go down

McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums Empty McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums

Post by 4hams on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 22:38

McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums

Enthusiast teaching & social forums

We believe in a laid back approach to Computer overclocking and system configuration. Drop by and say hi as we value any and all input!

The following is a sample of the subject matter over at McT's.

Hey folks as some of you know I have had a Corsair H50 sitting here waiting to be tested since last January.

Why the long wait, well I have been using my Domino ALC from CoolIT Systems which has worked flawlessly for me with my i7 920 overclocked @ 4.0 GHz. I tried to do some testing with the Domino by adding a shroud but it did nothing to the cooling ability of the unit. I wanted to test the Domino in a Push / Pull configuration but the Domino cannot fit a second fan on the other side of the rad due to the control panel attached to the unit.

But the H50 will allow you to add fans to both sides of the rad so I thought it was time to test this unit out for myself.

I am running an i7 920 overclocked @ 4.0 GHz 24/7. The Domino ALC and the Corsair H50 had almost identical temps during my testing. Both units were configured as intake units using the stock fans that came with the units. The fans were attached to the back of the radiators and attached to the back of the computer case thus drawing cool ambient air into the rad from outside of the case.

If you plan a setup like this please be sure to have an additional fan somewhere in the case to exhaust warm air from the case. I use a CoolerMaster Storm Sniper case which has awesome airflow so intake and exhaust is not an issue with my case.

Full Review can be read Here

http://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums Empty Re: McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums

Post by 4hams on Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 15:48

Bump! :joker:

Back to top Go down

McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums Empty Re: McstylisT Hardware & Overclocking forums

Post by rrplay on Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 16:30

4hams wrote:
We believe in a laid back approach to Computer overclocking and system configuration. Drop by and say hi as we value any and all input!
yep this is really true regarding the laid back approach. Always felt most welcome and comfortable with what I was working with esp some of the 'mutly' stuff I had posted.
like this
Gigabyte GA-H55N i7-870 on Air OC mini-atx

and ya know what ??pretty much left the OC the way it is
the guys are cool and my rig is cool
bounce
rrplay
rrplay
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo on Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 10:49

Spammer. :D

Running windows 7
Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
4096 DDR Megabyte Memory
Cool beer/hot coffee when needed.

Down in Sussex by the sea
Hugo
Hugo

http://www.ultimate-dvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams on Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 14:04

Thats Mr. Spammer to you... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee on Tue 14 Jun 2011 - 15:55

Hi :)
All the posters in this thread should be treated as spammers .
As such , should be banned . Duh!

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams on Tue 14 Jun 2011 - 16:04

zebadee wrote:Hi :)
All the posters in this thread should be treated as spammers .
As such , should be banned . Duh!
I'm OK with that! blah blah blah blah blah blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum