https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you the knowledge to help me.????

3 posters

Go down

Have you the knowledge to help me.???? Empty Have you the knowledge to help me.????

Post by LeslieG Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 17:50

This weekend, I tried to fit a new Motherboard, that I had been given. When I finally got it installed it would not work it was a dodgy gift.....but I still love the person that gave it to me, I add this term in case they are contributors. I digress. Since I returned everything back as it was before, I now get the following message every time I start this computer.....CPU FAN ERROR PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE. (This computer runs on XP service pack 3). I have checked the CPU fan and it appears to be working well, I have also left the computer on all day and the computer has not shut down due to overheating, so if things are OK as they seem to be how do I get rid of the error message. This may be a big ask but any help would be appreciated. help_up_2bigmove
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Have you the knowledge to help me.???? Empty Re: Have you the knowledge to help me.????

Post by SithTracy Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 18:44

Got any pins bent and touching on any fan connectors on the motherboard? Perhaps you need to go in the BIOS and turn off fan monitoring.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Have you the knowledge to help me.???? Empty Thank you mon ami

Post by LeslieG Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 19:27

SithTracy wrote:Got any pins bent and touching on any fan connectors on the motherboard? Perhaps you need to go in the BIOS and turn off fan monitoring.

Thanks my friend I will try checking the motherboard again and dip into the bios if necessaey. Clapping Clapping
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Have you the knowledge to help me.???? Empty Re: Have you the knowledge to help me.????

Post by zebadee Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 10:14

Hi :)
See what is going on while PC is running.

Link PCWizard
zebadee
zebadee
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

http://www.friendsofudvdr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down