https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAIN!!

+2
sanshoe
Alby
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RAIN!! Empty RAIN!!

Post by Alby Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:44

Hey Sanshoe,
Not getting washed away up there ??
How bad is it where you are ?
Hopefully you're sending some of it down to us later this week.
Playing cricket on a horrible dry oval. The rain will probably turn it into a bog.
Great... when it's our turn to bat !! :x

Last edited by Alby on Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 21:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add line)
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

RAIN!! Empty Re: RAIN!!

Post by sanshoe Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 12:15

Actually we have had very little rain on the coast where I am,
It allways looks threatening but blows out to sea.

A little bit of drizzle today, mowed the lawn, Need rain bad, send some up.
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 22:30

No way mate !!
We need every drop. I'm holding off watering at present hoping for some rain Friday (fingers crossed). You might see it today or Thursday. How far inland are you?
We are currently taking water from underground bores to bolster water levels.
Also almost ready to build a recycle plant to send out class A water, most of which will go to a couple of new estates close by. Probably for toilets. We've reduced the restrictions back from stage 4 to 3. I can water my garden (not lawns) two days per week two hours each time. If it needs it of course.
You got any restrictions?
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 1:08

I live right on the coast. 7 min from golf course, 5min from boat ramp and river :D http://www.teagardens.nsw.au/
Have good supply of bore water for the (weeds) lawn, no restrictions here.

Didn't realise it was so bad down there.

Last edited by sanshoe on Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 3:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 2:39

No restrictions?!!!!
Half your bloody luck !
Been on restrictions for more than 10 years.
I think.. last year only allowed to water with a can. Very labour intensive. Still nothing to go on lawns. Only a small patch (I didn't want any).
Reservior levels are approx 30% coming into the cooler and hopefully wet seasons.
Had a look on that site. Looks like you're in great spot mate.
Leopolds on the Bellarine Peninsula 5 mins from Geelong, 10min. drive to beach towns ...Ocean Grove etc. My work is 200yards from the ocean (Treatment Plant). Looking out the window... blue sky, blue water, couple of boats, Container ship on the horizon.
20min drive to home. You might guess, I'm happy... until something breaks down then I'm in the s**t in the truest sense of the word.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 3:42

They hope to be using recycled water for the golf course in a couple of months, just laid new pipes and irrigation sprinkler system.
Only needs to be connected to the treatment centre.
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 5:02

sanshoe wrote:They hope to be using recycled water for the golf course in a couple of months, just laid new pipes and irrigation sprinkler system.
Only needs to be connected to the treatment centre.
Our class 'C' recycled goes to a couple golf courses close by. Very handy for them during these months. Works well.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 0:44

Hope some of that rain yesterday, went where you needed it. :D

Hello :)
This was post # 1900.... dan1
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 11:58

sanshoe wrote:Hope some of that rain yesterday, went where you needed it. :D

Hello :)
This was post # 1900.... dan1

Glad to contribute.... :D :D largegr
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 22:19

Glad I wasn't in Melbourne !!

Hail stones almost the size of tennis balls.

We were playing cricket on the Saturday. Got about 10 overs in when it started to drizzle. You could see what was coming but we kept playing because my opening partner and I had put on 60-odd runs and going well.
But the lightning was getting closer and closer then....CRACK !!!! overhead.
"Righto that's it" we said. Off we went. Hung around their clubrooms for a while before the captains called the game off (draw). The ground was a bog !! They were watching the storm hit the horse racing in Melbourne....wow. Then back to our club for some beers.
Spent Sunday morning up in the roof laying baits for the furry critters.
then yesterday morning (public holiday) at the brother in laws house up on top of his roof. Water had got inside courtesy of the guttering and downpipes block with muck (and grass growing in it !!). drilled a couple of holes to let it escape. At our house, the water drained away beautifully
In all they are saying things like one in a hundred year rain event.
It was good to see places like Wagga Wagga who hadn't good stuff for nearly 10 years cop a bucketing. Other places get a years worth of rain in one weekend !
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 4:05

Ugh! But I hate rain! Only good thing about rain is that it makes for a good sleep day when you work the graveyard shift as i do. I sleep better on dreary days! ☀
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 4:27

Had enough of the hot weather. I want some cold wet days. We're into Autumn now. you can feel the the crispness in the air.. even if it's a bit warm.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 3:10

Alby wrote:Had enough of the hot weather. I want some cold wet days. We're into Autumn now. you can feel the the crispness in the air.. even if it's a bit warm.

It has been raining on and off here all day today. It's cold and miserable. It is so interesting how the world is so different in the other hemisphere down there. I hope I get to see the world someday myself. ☀
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 3:48

Vampire Girl wrote:
Alby wrote:Had enough of the hot weather. I want some cold wet days. We're into Autumn now. you can feel the the crispness in the air.. even if it's a bit warm.

It has been raining on and off here all day today. It's cold and miserable. It is so interesting how the world is so different in the other hemisphere down there. I hope I get to see the world someday myself. ☀

I never had the inclination to travel. I'm the only one from my family who hasn't travelled outside Aus. That being said we are saving for this time next year to fly up to Queensland for a couple of weeks. Probably the last one before the girls are too old and too busy with their studies. It will be our 3rd trip up there.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 3:55

Alby wrote:
Vampire Girl wrote:

I never had the inclination to travel. I'm the only one from my family who hasn't travelled outside Aus. That being said we are saving for this time next year to fly up to Queensland for a couple of weeks. Probably the last one before the girls are too old and too busy with their studies. It will be our 3rd trip up there.

I have only been to Canada and to Cancun, Mexico. A good deal of my computer friends are Canadian. ☀ I have never seen the Pacific Ocean. I do like to travel.. I hope one day to do more of it. But for now I am limited to what life has dealt me recently. Sigh... I would love to go see some of the countries of Europe, Australia, and maybe more of Canada. I like Canada. :oops:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 4:18

Vampire Girl wrote:I like Canada. :oops:
Canada is beautiful. I've been to Vancouver for business. We were there to do a network install and were there for five days. We worked 18 hours straight to get it done and enjoyed the rest of the time. So much to see... I had a shot at going to Toronto to do the same thing, but the trip got canceled. Had plans to see the Leafs at old Maple Leaf Gardens... Would have been great. I did catch the Canucks while I was in Vancouver in 99. Little did I know I would quit traveling. My first daughter was born shortly after that trip... On my next to Houston, TX, she and my wife became ill and I had a hell of a time getting back. I transferred roles a year later. Have not taken any business trips since 2000. Loved to hit Hockey and Baseball stadiums on my trips... Not been to too many venues, but Phoenix AZ was one of my favs. Saw Mike Gartner score his 700 and 701st goals against the Red Wings. Also saw him score the last ever goal at the Barn, the Madhouse on Madison... Chicago Stadium, in 1994.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 4:41

See... That's where you guys have got it over me... i hate you all !!!! (kidding only)
Canada along with Ireland & Scotland (ancestors) are the only places I'd like to go. Sorry Sith but unless there is something besides the big cities that I could look at, the U.S. is out (with respect mate). Would love to watch a hockey and baseball game in person though.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 4:48

Alby wrote:Sorry Sith but unless there is something besides the big cities that I could look at, the U.S. is out (with respect mate). Would love to watch a hockey and baseball game in person though.

None taken... We'll meet at 4hams place and go see The Blackhawks play the Leafs... when it happens... dammit I miss that rivalry... and The White Sox play the Blue Jays!
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 4:52

SithTracy wrote:
Vampire Girl wrote:I like Canada. :oops:
Canada is beautiful. I've been to Vancouver for business. We were there to do a network install and were there for five days. We worked 18 hours straight to get it done and enjoyed the rest of the time. So much to see... I had a shot at going to Toronto to do the same thing, but the trip got canceled. Had plans to see the Leafs at old Maple Leaf Gardens... Would have been great. I did catch the Canucks while I was in Vancouver in 99. Little did I know I would quit traveling. My first daughter was born shortly after that trip... On my next to Houston, TX, she and my wife became ill and I had a hell of a time getting back. I transferred roles a year later. Have not taken any business trips since 2000. Loved to hit Hockey and Baseball stadiums on my trips... Not been to too many venues, but Phoenix AZ was one of my favs. Saw Mike Gartner score his 700 and 701st goals against the Red Wings. Also saw him score the last ever goal at the Barn, the Madhouse on Madison... Chicago Stadium, in 1994.

It's been probably at least 15 years or longer since i have seen a live hockey game. 😢 I would love to go visit Vancouver and some other places up North. I think I would like to live in Canada if i ever had the opportunity, and I mean that sincerely. Toronto is a nice city and I have been there just a couple times as it is 2 hours drive from Buffalo. I am from the Buffalo, NY area originally so going to Canada once upon a time was easy to do. I found out Sunday it isn't so much fun crossing the boarder anymore. Good thing I brought my passport. Maybe one day I will meet a nice Canadian guy. Sigh.. My first boyfriend when i was 14 was Canadian. We met through our grandparents ironically enough. We broke up when we were 16. I found him when we were 36.. back last october. We both have our lives and made our beds...Now we are good friends which is the very least i could ask for...Sigh. Ironic how life turns you around. I hope I meet someone like him again someday. I hate my life right now.. so many things that are unfair. Ok.. gonna go look at other posts.. heart going down..
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:36

I used to travel a lot for work. I don't mean the occasional business trip. I mean hardcore...flying 250k miles a year my last three years on the road. One year I was on the road 38 weeks out of the year. It was not uncommon for me to be in 10 cities a week with flight required to all. I was promised a promotion and stability if I did it for 5 years...then it became 6...I decided there was more to life than promotions and money. I wanted to see my kids grow up. Long story short, I took another job that keeps me local. I only cover a territory that I can drive in and am home almost every night.

The good that came out of that is that I have seen a lot of places in the US and Canada that I may not have been able to see otherwise. I was able to take my wife (before we had kids) to a lot of neat places too. I have only been in North America though...wish I was able to do some International travel, but it wasn't in the cards. Canada is EPIC beautiful to me. I would love to spend more time up there. BC is by far my favorite place to visit, but I could never afford to live up there. I spent a lot of time in Winnipeg and that was rather interesting for a guy with a Polish last name (there are a lot of Russian transplants in Winnipeg that are very cautious about whom they will associate with). Caught countless hockey games both professional and younger players. I wish that I could have grown up in that hockey loving culture. We love hockey here in the States, but it isn't the same. I am fortunate to live in an area that has strong hockey programs for youth and adults...
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:49

SavageNFS wrote:I used to travel a lot for work. I don't mean the occasional business trip. I mean hardcore...flying 250k miles a year my last three years on the road. One year I was on the road 38 weeks out of the year. It was not uncommon for me to be in 10 cities a week with flight required to all. I was promised a promotion and stability if I did it for 5 years...then it became 6...I decided there was more to life than promotions and money. I wanted to see my kids grow up. Long story short, I took another job that keeps me local. I only cover a territory that I can drive in and am home almost every night.

The good that came out of that is that I have seen a lot of places in the US and Canada that I may not have been able to see otherwise. I was able to take my wife (before we had kids) to a lot of neat places too. I have only been in North America though...wish I was able to do some International travel, but it wasn't in the cards. Canada is EPIC beautiful to me. I would love to spend more time up there. BC is by far my favorite place to visit, but I could never afford to live up there. I spent a lot of time in Winnipeg and that was rather interesting for a guy with a Polish last name (there are a lot of Russian transplants in Winnipeg that are very cautious about whom they will associate with). Caught countless hockey games both professional and younger players. I wish that I could have grown up in that hockey loving culture. We love hockey here in the States, but it isn't the same. I am fortunate to live in an area that has strong hockey programs for youth and adults...

Wow... you sound like a really cool Dad. :D Well maybe one day a miracle will happen for me.. meet the right guy.. go to live in Canada. Sigh... Forgive me... I have my ups and downs, I have only been separated for just over two months and life isn't so sweet right now especially with my mom still hulled up in a hospital. Winnipeg sounds like a nice place... is your last name a mouthful like my maiden name is? Poturalski. :P It's polish too. Grew up learning to cook that way and also sicillian.. my other grandma.. had good teachers.. hahaha.. I am completely domesticated! hahaha..
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:01

yep...I'm a "ski". I was asked several times if my last name ended in "i" or "y" countless times up there. It may have had a lot to do with my industry and my customers (I sell steel).

My grandparents on my father's side came over from Poland. My grandfather taught me what he could, but he died when I was 10 so we didn't have a lot of time. My father again taught me some, but he wasn't really much at passing along our heritage. He was a great dad, don't get me wrong, but he just didn't get into heritage too much. I married a slovak (her grandparents came here too)...go figure. Our kids are stubborn as a mule! Her family is very much into their heritage, culture and language and I have learned a lot from them. My wife is an awesome cook and I really like the slovak food!
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:10

SavageNFS wrote:yep...I'm a "ski". I was asked several times if my last name ended in "i" or "y" countless times up there. It may have had a lot to do with my industry and my customers (I sell steel).

My grandparents on my father's side came over from Poland. My grandfather taught me what he could, but he died when I was 10 so we didn't have a lot of time. My father again taught me some, but he wasn't really much at passing along our heritage. He was a great dad, don't get me wrong, but he just didn't get into heritage too much. I married a slovak (her grandparents came here too)...go figure. Our kids are stubborn as a mule! Her family is very much into their heritage, culture and language and I have learned a lot from them. My wife is an awesome cook and I really like the slovak food!

My exhusband didn't like my polish food so i rarely made any of it unless i wanted to eat all of it and risk any of it going bad. Sigh... I can be quite stubborn myself. My Grandparents were i think 2nd generation as far as my grandfather's side. they spoke fluent polish, but unfortuntely i can only say a few words now.. mostly curse words... my ex gets those bestowed upon him and he has no idea what i am saying. hahaha.. my mother's side.. her grandparents were from sicily. I never leanered to speak italian either.. her mom always lived so far away from us. But i learned how to cook from both. But more my polish grandma..I lost her in 2003... I miss her greatly. She was my best friend. She was always so very insightful. ❤
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:18

Grandparents are always tough to loose. They are very insightful and can often offer an opinion that you may not have seen yourself.

My grandfather used to always ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up the minute I walked in the door. I would agonize on what I was going to say the entire trip to see him (4 hour drive as a kid). The minute I would get there, I would hop on his lap and I usually would tell him that I was going to be a garbage man. Mostly because I thought they had a cool job hanging off the back of that cool truck, but later because I knew it pissed him off! He wanted me to go to college like my dad. It was just a fun little game we played together that will always mean something to me.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:37

SavageNFS wrote:Grandparents are always tough to loose. They are very insightful and can often offer an opinion that you may not have seen yourself.

My grandfather used to always ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up the minute I walked in the door. I would agonize on what I was going to say the entire trip to see him (4 hour drive as a kid). The minute I would get there, I would hop on his lap and I usually would tell him that I was going to be a garbage man. Mostly because I thought they had a cool job hanging off the back of that cool truck, but later because I knew it pissed him off! He wanted me to go to college like my dad. It was just a fun little game we played together that will always mean something to me.

My grandma..the polish one, she always told me she loved me. Her hugs were warm and soft and she always really listened to me. I respected her opinions and her advice. My dad told me she didn't like my husband back in january when i last came to buffalo..both for my mom's sake and to think about things before i told my husband i wanted to be separated because of all the things he'd been putting me thru.. then the things i found out he was doing during the months previous to everything going south after the separation happened which broke my heart further as it explained the bad behaviors, and the hell that ensued during his supposed nervous break down which scared the heck out of me... oh my... news that came just before my trip here to Buffalo again. I could just cry.. I am sorry. But if she had told me her thoughts.. then i may not have married him or stayed with him for as long trying to make things work. I may not have wasted 12+ years of my young life....now approaching middle age. I wanted more kids.. now i may never ..sigh, but then I have a son now... my most precious treasure. So I guess some good came of my despair.. new friends, and a few old ones i reconnected with.. so there are hidden blessings in all of this I guess.. maybe she is looking out for me from heaven. ❤ Know any cool single guys there in wisconsin who don't mind small kids? hahaha..

When I was growing up i used to spend many weekends at their house. She taught me how to sew and cook and garden. She was someone for me to look up to and i later found out she admired me for my style and strength which was sort of embarrassing because i never really thought much of myself.. other than just being me..she said that to me just before she died :oops: . I was the first in my family ever to go to a 4 year college and make something of myself. RN in a level3 NICU. When i was younger she used to rock me in her rocking chair. I have her old rickety rocking chair at home.. needs a real make over though. It was well worn.
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum