https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favourite movie?

+12
Vampire Girl
4hams
vinman
Admin
SATRAT
sanshoe
Alby
SithTracy
bubbles19
JayCee
Hugo
zebadee
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What's your favourite movie? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite movie?

Post by SATRAT Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 13:41

The Thief of Bagdad a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6t7iXx4-w

Last edited by SATRAT on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 8:23; edited 1 time in total
SATRAT
SATRAT
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 22:55

Hello :)
SATRAT your link in the above post doesn't work.
This maybe down to me.
I resynchronised the forum today.

Duh!
Admin
Admin
Senile!!! (+ other things I forget)
Senile!!! (+ other things I forget)

http://www.knowledge-tree-uk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SATRAT Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 8:29

Admin wrote:Hello :)
SATRAT your link in the above post doesn't work.
This maybe down to me.
I resynchronised the forum today.

Duh!

Cheers Admin just sorted it
SATRAT
SATRAT
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 20:58

Last night I sat and watched a couple of Gene Kelly Movies...Brigadoon and Take Me Out To The Ball Game. Smiled at the sets they used back then. Good for a nostalga hit.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite movie? - Page 2 Empty My Favorite Movies

Post by Vampire Girl Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 5:24

Oh wow this is a loaded one for sure! Well I love all sorts of Movies, but mainly Sci-fi/Fantasy, some Comedies, and some Dramas.

Hmmm well as my name implies I like Vampire Stories. Queen of the Damned, Ohhhh now don't pick on me.. I am a Twilighter so of course I am gonna say it...TWILIGHT Saga, the Underworld trilogy, Interview with a Vampire..enough said.

But I also LOVE Star Trek...especially the newest incarnation. Love Star Wars too, all except Episode III.. not real into watching Padme die.. that choked me up a little bit, sorry guys. I also like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, ALL THE HARRY POTTERS!!! (funny story behind that one!), Dune (the original), The Fifth Element, Iron Man, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean Saga...and so on.

Comedies: Super Troopers, Ghostbusters, Caddy Shack, The Hangover, The 40 year old Virgin (hey I hear we have a 58 yr old one here! ;) ), Happy Gilmore, Kung Pow, Dude Where's My Car (Ilike the part where they pull up to the drive thru window and the lady says "And then" over and over...), Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail and The Meaning of Life, Space Balls, History of the World Part I, Austin Powers Trifecta and so on...

Dramas: Phantom of the Opera, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Jason Bourne Saga, The Joy Luck Club, The Lake House, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden etc..

Fantasy/Kids.. The Never Ending Story, Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, Enchanted, Ella Enchanted, The Princess Diaries, Clash of the Titans, The Last Unicorn, Thumbellina, Ok, you got me.. i like the Muppets and Most Disney Animated flicks too.
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 13:31

Star Wars saga
Better Off Dead
Cool Hand Luke
*any movie ever made with a zombie in it*
Harry Potter series
Blazing Saddles
Caddyshack
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 5:08

You know what is really cool??? A lot of you guys like the movies I like! And wow.. Harry Potter! hahaha.. My butthead exhusband used to razz on my badly for liking Harry Potter so much. So much so my best work friend and i.. both of whom are jennifers used to go by fredricka and georgina at work.. used to drive all the other nurses crazy.. of course in the Twilight craze we were calling each other Alice and Rosalie... I am still Alice... little EVIL ALICE! :twisted: by the way 8)
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 5:17

Vampire Girl wrote:You know what is really cool??? A lot of you guys like the movies I like! And wow.. Harry Potter! hahaha.. My butthead exhusband used to razz on my badly for liking Harry Potter so much. So much so my best work friend and i.. both of whom are jennifers used to go by fredricka and georgina at work.. used to drive all the other nurses crazy.. of course in the Twilight craze we were calling each other Alice and Rosalie... I am still Alice... little EVIL ALICE! :twisted: by the way 8)

Well, get this... i've got all Harry Potter audiobooks sitting in my ipod. So much cut from the movies. Again, books are better than the flicks. Still like the H.P. movies but.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 5:24

Alby wrote:
Vampire Girl wrote:You know what is really cool??? A lot of you guys like the movies I like! And wow.. Harry Potter! hahaha.. My butthead exhusband used to razz on my badly for liking Harry Potter so much. So much so my best work friend and i.. both of whom are jennifers used to go by fredricka and georgina at work.. used to drive all the other nurses crazy.. of course in the Twilight craze we were calling each other Alice and Rosalie... I am still Alice... little EVIL ALICE! :twisted: by the way 8)

Well, get this... i've got all Harry Potter audiobooks sitting in my ipod. So much cut from the movies. Again, books are better than the flicks. Still like the H.P. movies but.

I most defintely agree with you there! I am wondering how the last movie is going to turn out too. I should get the books downloaded to my iPod too.. I have all the Twilight books on it right now. I think the worst HP movie was the 2nd one. They edited out too much info and made it choppy. I liked the last one though and I am looking forward to the part two of it this summer. :D
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 13:14

I liked the first HP movie... the rest I could care less for. My wife read those books too... But after the third movie, I was so frustrated not getting it, I too, read the books and think that J.K. Rowling made reading cool for kids again.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 14:47

SithTracy wrote:I liked the first HP movie... the rest I could care less for. My wife read those books too... But after the third movie, I was so frustrated not getting it, I too, read the books and think that J.K. Rowling made reading cool for kids again.

I have to honestly say this.. I never really read for enjoyment until about 5 years ago. Then I started reading the Harry Potters. Then my best work friend got me into Twilight after we had a patient's mom come in one time raving about it. My friend got into the books first then i followed.. then it went down hill from there... she and i can be pretty abnoxious when we are together! We nearly infected our entire nursing unit... out of the 23 nurses at least 16 of us have read all the books. Last summer the local book store held a prom themed book premier party for the last book of twilight.. 14 of us dressed up in prom gowns complete with corsages and went to the party... with all the teenagers.. and we weren't the only adults to do this! LOL.... when the last HP book premiered at that same store the year before.. my best friend and i went to that party too complete with HP hats.. but we didn't dress up for that one. lol!

Last edited by Vampire Girl on Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:57; edited 1 time in total
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:02

I love the HP series. I have read all of the books and we have all of the movies. I do not have the audio books on my iPod, but I will soon! Thanks for the tip...
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:01

SavageNFS wrote:I love the HP series. I have read all of the books and we have all of the movies. I do not have the audio books on my iPod, but I will soon! Thanks for the tip...

I like the audio books.. easier to listen to.. goes by faster unless you are a fast reader. I both read and listened to the Twilight books.. but only read the Harry Potter books.. I then started reading other books from other vampire Series.. True Blood for example. I have read all of that author's books now and crave for more in that story line. :twisted:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:04

I used to read a lot when I traveled, but it is one of those things that reminds me of my former life (subconsciously, I guess), so I have lost the passion in it for now. I'm sure I will come back to it some day. I still read the must reads, but that is about it. I used to read a couple books a week and now it is more like a book a month if I'm lucky.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:18

SavageNFS wrote:I used to read a lot when I traveled, but it is one of those things that reminds me of my former life (subconsciously, I guess), so I have lost the passion in it for now. I'm sure I will come back to it some day. I still read the must reads, but that is about it. I used to read a couple books a week and now it is more like a book a month if I'm lucky.

I am reading a self help book right now... "Facing you Giants" by Max Lucado. About dealing with my Goliath/Saul. It is sort of helpingme through my tough times.. So reading for enjoyment has taken a back burner for me as well. Sigh... I have the huge anthology of Ann Rice's works a co-worker friend bought for me for Christmas and I am trying to get into it, but my thoughts keep carrying me away from the things i enjoy. I would not wish my current life's experiences on anyone. I also have some other vampire stories i have been meaning to get into.. maybe one day when life calms down a little bit...when iget my life back. I understand completely about things that remind you of a former life though.. This forum thing.. all of it is relatively recent for me.. it is a part of my new life. ❤
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:23

I got to forums for many different reasons. I run a site for gaming (I game pretty hardcore) and for a long time gaming sites were all I visited. Then I started branching out in tech forums for selfish interests in learning more about my other interests. Along the way, I got to know some people and have just never left. The keep letting me post, so I guess they put up with me.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 16:57

SavageNFS wrote:I got to forums for many different reasons. I run a site for gaming (I game pretty hardcore) and for a long time gaming sites were all I visited. Then I started branching out in tech forums for selfish interests in learning more about my other interests. Along the way, I got to know some people and have just never left. The keep letting me post, so I guess they put up with me.

Well I am not much of a techie to be honest but i am learning!!!.. i know more than the average bear though and am learning more and more. My exhusband took my main rigg though so now all i have is my custom laptop that i guard with my life as he has taken to spying on me.. he is very paranoid now..go figure when he was the one skanking around on the internet with his webcam while i was enduring the worst times of my life.. and still am with my mom.. but I found a long lost friend.. reconnected and it just happened he owned the PureOC website.. he invited me on and so that is how i came to be in the techie online forums.. it saved me really.. being able to make new friends. Being able to learn new things. If you want to see my old rigg..she was a beauty, water cooled asus p6 motherboard.. sigh.. blue cold cathode lights and everything, custom case with blue flames.. go to pureoverclock.com and look my photo album up.. i go by the same user name on all the forums so far.. 😢 ah geeezz, i loved it. I wasn't a gamer, but she had style and power.. butthead was the gamer... but it was a matter of pride for me as i knew the parts and had the system put together for me that way... i have an old Alienware at home who's innerds were basically blown out a month after the warranty expired.. purple tower with green eyes.. she was sweet too.. but i may teach myself how to build/mod one day and re-use that tower..hope when i get home that it is still in the house.. he took half the furniture, half my life from me. But losing the rigg was a small price to pay for my freedom i guess... but the rest is a much heftier price..i am finding out.

Jenny
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 18:15

Well think of it this way...when you rebuild your new rig, it will be better and faster. Nature of the game...rigs get outdated before the initial boot. I hope that you get things headed in the right direction soon. Sounds like you are well on your way...
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
SandBox Gamers SF
SandBox Gamers  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 22:50

SavageNFS wrote:I love the HP series. I have read all of the books and we have all of the movies. I do not have the audio books on my iPod, but I will soon! Thanks for the tip...
Best move I made. Imported the discs into itunes. We had a few 'books' and my sister had the rest. She was really into it. My wife used to borrow audiobooks from our local library and listen on her CD player. I converted most to mp3 which meant from 12to 18 discs, I could squeeze them onto 1 or 2. but having them sitting in the ipod is heaps better.... for us anyway. I'll be looking for a few others now like Lord of the Rings. Read the books, but didn't take it all in.
Currently listening to HP & Pris of Azk.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 3:25

zebadee wrote:Hi :)
Always told they're "girlie" movies.
But like
Ghost
Pretty woman
Dirty dancing

dan1

Do you like Sleepless in Seatle too? I just watched that flick last night! Sigh.. wish i was annie reed. picknose
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 3:42

Alby wrote:
Best move I made. Imported the discs into itunes. We had a few 'books' and my sister had the rest. She was really into it. My wife used to borrow audiobooks from our local library and listen on her CD player. I converted most to mp3 which meant from 12to 18 discs, I could squeeze them onto 1 or 2. but having them sitting in the ipod is heaps better.... for us anyway. I'll be looking for a few others now like Lord of the Rings. Read the books, but didn't take it all in.
Currently listening to HP & Pris of Azk.

I like having things on the iPod because then if you have one of those radio transmitter cords for the car then you can listen to it in the car too. I'm really bad for wanting to listen more to my audio books like that.. truly pathetic... especially when the only audiobooks i have on my Ipod are the Twilight Saga.. yep losers-r-us! And when i am done here.. guess which movie i am going to play on my laptop when i got to bed??? Yep you got it... New Moon! hahaha :twisted: I think I shall down load Harry Potter books to my Ipod when I get back home in NC in a few days. 8)
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 4:53

I enjoyed the HP books, but there are other books that I enjoyed. My wife likes Dean Koontz... I find him to be flawed though (some of the stories were okay).

I really enjoyed was "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. Outstanding read and I would think they could make a darn good film out of that.

Vampiress - Why don't you start a book club thread? Think it might be a hit. We are going off topic with this movie thread thing.

I listen to audio books in the car, but also pick-up the old fashioned book for evenings at home. One think I will say, those Harry Potter books, Jim Dale narrated them all he was outstanding. I read those the old fashioned way and listened to them. I don't always go back to audio versions of books, but those I do.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 7:03

SithTracy wrote:I enjoyed the HP books, but there are other books that I enjoyed. My wife likes Dean Koontz... I find him to be flawed though (some of the stories were okay).

I really enjoyed was "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. Outstanding read and I would think they could make a darn good film out of that.

Vampiress - Why don't you start a book club thread? Think it might be a hit. We are going off topic with this movie thread thing.

I listen to audio books in the car, but also pick-up the old fashioned book for evenings at home. One think I will say, those Harry Potter books, Jim Dale narrated them all he was outstanding. I read those the old fashioned way and listened to them. I don't always go back to audio versions of books, but those I do.

Well that's an idea I think I shall go do just that! Cool idea! beer
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by SATRAT Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 10:20

Hi I am into TERRY PRATCHETT the Disc world novels sort of lord of the rings on acid
a great read very very funny they have made a couple of dvds, gives you a in site to what goes on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UbDSlwAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedwZwOvdVs
SATRAT
SATRAT
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 22:55

zebadee wrote:Hi :)
Always told they're "girlie" movies.
But like
Ghost
Pretty woman
Dirty dancing

dan1
Zeb,
I'll watch them sometimes as well.
Some other chick flicks I'll throw in the machine:
Shakespere In Love (saw this on one of our anniversaries)
Serendipity
Notting Hill
The Lakehouse
You've Got Mail
Sabrina
Shall We dance
Love Actually
The Wedding Date
Chocolat

Sometimes you need a fix....
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next