https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Oscars

2 posters

Go down

The Oscars Empty The Oscars

Post by SATRAT Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 10:49

What a BLOODY JOKE Thumbs down big
SATRAT
SATRAT
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

The Oscars Empty Re: The Oscars

Post by SithTracy Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 15:40

What did I miss? I see Avatar did not get best picture... that was the only nominated film I saw (other than Up - Disney/Pixar).
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SATRAT Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 17:20

what did you miss Sith The Hurt Locker best picture NO WAY
Then you get Sandra Bullock for the Blind Side that nobody as seen all I can say to this one is BULLOCKS.
Next Jeff Bridges for some SH1T KICKING movie suppose the good old boys will like it
The best one for me was Mo'nique for Precious Thumbs up big
SATRAT
SATRAT
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 18:17

SATRAT wrote:what did you miss Sith The Hurt Locker best picture NO WAY
Then you get Sandra Bullock for the Blind Side that nobody as seen all I can say to this one is BULLOCKS.
Next Jeff Bridges for some SH1T KICKING movie suppose the good old boys will like it

I know people that have seen The Blind Side and said it was a fabulous movie... My wife wants to see it so that is my clue it is a "chick flick"... I'll rent it from Netflix when it comes out.

Did you see the Hurt Locker? No idea what it is or what it was about. I know last year Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler got a lot of hype... saw them both... Slumdog was okay... not great... I did not care for The Wrestler.

This year I did see Avatar and it was a "WOW factor" movie, but Hollywood does not usually bother with any SciFi based movies regardless of the message. Disney/Pixar's Up was a wonderful love story... My wife and I enjoyed it, the kids, not so much.

I don't get out much with work and the young kids. Seeing a movie is a treat and I am usually careful to select what I see... or I take the kids to see one I don't care to see (the last was The Tooth Fairy...ugh... no nominations there).
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SATRAT Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 13:18

SithTracy wrote:
SATRAT wrote:what did you miss Sith The Hurt Locker best picture NO WAY

I know people that have seen The Blind Side and said it was a fabulous movie... My wife wants to see it so that is my clue it is a "chick flick"... I'll rent it from Netflix when it comes out.

Did you see the Hurt Locker? No idea what it is or what it was about. I know last year Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler got a lot of hype... saw them both... Slumdog was okay... not great... I did not care for The Wrestler.

This year I did see Avatar and it was a "WOW factor" movie, but Hollywood does not usually bother with any SciFi based movies regardless of the message. Disney/Pixar's Up was a wonderful love story... My wife and I enjoyed it, the kids, not so much.

I don't get out much with work and the young kids. Seeing a movie is a treat and I am usually careful to select what I see... or I take the kids to see one I don't care to see (the last was The Tooth Fairy...ugh... no nominations there).

Sith I'm just having a rant because they did not give Avatar best picture I still think there's better actors/actresses out there. I think this movie is one to watch a real true story warts and all I know you like your music all about Ian Drury great actors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMKjx8ilLCY

Last edited by SATRAT on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 8:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link not working)
SATRAT
SATRAT
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithTracy Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 14:51

I don't usually watch the Oscars for a reason. The things they often pick for best picture anymore... I go back to the early/mid 90's Forest Gump was a good movie, but Shawshank Redemption was great!!!

I learned yesterday that basically "The Hurt Locker" was a box office flop... Lowest grossing film to win for Best Picture. No idea what the acadamy was thinking other than "stick it James Cameron"... I guess the director of The Hurt Locker was James Cameron's ex-wife.

That said, I am not surprised Avatar lost the award... they made enough money to buy any award they want though.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum