https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forest Leaves of the Dead

+3
Alby
bubbles19
Vampire Girl
7 posters

Go down

What genre of books do you like most? (N.B. Guests can vote too!)

The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap20%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 14 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap12%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap9%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap12%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap7%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap1%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap6%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap4%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap3%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap6%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap3%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_lcap2%The Forest Leaves of the Dead I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 69

The Forest Leaves of the Dead Empty The Forest Leaves of the Dead

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 20:37

Here in my library you can discuss anything you like about the kinds of books you like or even the ones you dislike that you have just read. So what kinds of stories do you enjoy the most? Fantasy, Sci-fi, Murder Mystery, Detective Novels, any of the Classics, Other Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biographies, Self Help, Drama, or others... :study:

Ok, i don't want to know what girlie mag your purusing.. so leave that in the bathroom or under your pillow! nono

Last edited by Vampire Girl on Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 4:47; edited 1 time in total
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

The Forest Leaves of the Dead Empty Re: The Forest Leaves of the Dead

Post by Vampire Girl Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 21:20

In the poll i put "other" in as somethign to vote on and Zeb embellished it for me! ;) My "other" would be cook books... love reading and using new recipes! ☀
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbles19 Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 21:48

I tend to lean towards the murder/mystery type books. Have read quite a few Val Mcdermid books.

http://www.valmcdermid.com/pages/books.html

and John Grisham's.

Can't remember which one I am reading at the moment as it must be about 2 weeks since I read any pages :roll:

But I do tend to see ones that I don't have when out shopping and must have at least 12 unread books at the moment lol!
bubbles19
bubbles19
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

http://www.knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 30 Mar 2010 - 23:25

Same.
I've got heaps sitting in the shelves unread. My lovely wife has told me NO MORE ! until I've read what I've got.
Whilst I've got Harry p on the ipod, I'll read war genre books (non fiction) like 'Fly' - real life stories from WWII bombercrew, pilots etc...captivating. Finding time to sit down and read is my issue. Biographies (cricket) and the Dan Brown books.
Only read a couple but really like books on paranormal stuff (ghost etc) non fiction of course. Can anyone recommend some ?
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 1:37

I pick up How To books and magazines as I am a contractor so this stuff always fascinates me. When I get a chance I like Hot Rod magazines.
4hams
4hams
Admin
Admin

http://www.digitalphotohaven.com/forum.php

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 7:54

Liked all the harry Potter series. Thumbs up big Thumbs up big

Just finished reading a Clive Cussler book The Silent Sea. Waiting for his new one, The Spy.
I have read all the Clive Cussler books, find them very enjoyable. Thumbs up big Thumbs up big Thumbs up big Thumbs up big

Also like Mathew Reilly, an Aussie Author... the characters are a bit far fetched but a great read. Thumbs up big Thumbs up big Thumbs up big Thumbs up big

Like Andy Mcdermott as well. The Hunt for Atlantis, The Tomb of Hercules, The Secret of Excaliber, and The Covenant of Genesis, again a bit far fetched but a good read.

If it wasn't for all these Forums I'd have more time to read..

Used to like Reading the Phantom comics, ( The Ghost who walks ) Still do but don't buy them.
had a big collection, but sold them, got sick of moving them from one place to the other lol, got a good price for them, that was back in the 80s.
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG Thu 29 Apr 2010 - 19:25

After years of having to read textbooks for both my own studying and to prepare lectures I now find that in retirement I tend to read biographies, (All the leaders of the Third Reich and the main allied Generals have been consumed, plus almost anything written by John Grisham, Lee Child, Sebastian Faulks, James Patterson and anything about cricket)
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 0:15

LeslieG wrote:After years of having to read textbooks for both my own studying and to prepare lectures I now find that in retirement I tend to read biographies, (All the leaders of the Third Reich and the main allied Generals have been consumed, plus almost anything written by John Grisham, Lee Child, Sebastian Faulks, James Patterson and anything about cricket)
Man after my own heart Les.
Got a book called The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (amongst a heap of others). Which I'll get to soon.
Have you read the Biog of W.G. Grace yet ? I read one on Victor Trumper a few years back .... great read. Like the ones from the Golden Age.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

The Forest Leaves of the Dead Empty The most recent reads...

Post by Vampire Girl Wed 12 May 2010 - 0:34

You know when life is bad when you resort to reading vampire and werewolf romance novels.... oh so not very cerebral at all!
:oops:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbles19 Fri 14 May 2010 - 18:41

Vampire Girl wrote:You know when life is bad when you resort to reading vampire and werewolf romance novels.... oh so not very cerebral at all!

I didn't think those two went well together or is that why life is so bad
bubbles19
bubbles19
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

http://www.knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sat 29 May 2010 - 6:16

bubbles19 wrote:
Vampire Girl wrote:You know when life is bad when you resort to reading vampire and werewolf romance novels.... oh so not very cerebral at all!

I didn't think those two went well together or is that why life is so bad

hahaha generally they don't! But when you lover supernatural things as i do.. and you're lonely.. vampire romance novels are the bomb! haha.. I am reading a novel now that has werewolves in it. I liked the vampire one better. Romance novels are not really my cup of tea, but for now they will do! :twisted:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by startreksuite Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 4:37

Ah, did you read the Twilight Saga? Some fans of these in a different age range than I expect. I have a bunch of scifi books sitting on my shelf with a little fantasy thrown in for good measure. Anne Macaffrie,spelling mistake here! Have reread We, 1984, and Brave New World a few times. Do Androids Dream... in paperback and now collecting the comic version (excellent illustrations). Got a chance to read The Watchmen, excellent comic. Lathe of Heaven, excellent book by an excellent artist- Ursula K. Le Guin.
startreksuite
startreksuite
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 5:14

startreksuite wrote:Ah, did you read the Twilight Saga? Some fans of these in a different age range than I expect. I have a bunch of scifi books sitting on my shelf with a little fantasy thrown in for good measure. Anne Macaffrie,spelling mistake here! Have reread We, 1984, and Brave New World a few times. Do Androids Dream... in paperback and now collecting the comic version (excellent illustrations). Got a chance to read The Watchmen, excellent comic. Lathe of Heaven, excellent book by an excellent artist- Ursula K. Le Guin.

Yes.. I am one of those dreaded..gasp!... Twilight Moms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's why i call myself "Vampire Girl" because i love Vampire stories...not just Twilight, though that is where the "love affair" with all that is dark and wicked began. And unfortunately, they are not what i referred to in my last post.. those were cheap romance novels.... :oops: I take my Twilight stuff pretty seriously actually.. (Books of course are way better than the movies!) you'll get to know me eventually i suppose! I and my two other girlfriends at work are the Twilight trifecta at work! I am Alice, one friend is Rosalie for her blonde hair, and the other Esme because she's the most motherly of us three. "Alice" is truly my nickname for other reasons too, and not just because it is my favorite character, i can be a little quirky.. very intuitive and i will leave it at that. But chicks don't have to be a teenagers to love the Twilight novels! :P haahahaha. I saw the Watchmen Movie.. I didn't like it at all. I guess i would have had to been familiar with the comic series to understand the point of the movie.

Last edited by Vampire Girl on Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 5:48; edited 2 times in total
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 5:34

Same same. along with the Fantastic 4 movies as well guys. They did nothing for me.
But enjoyed "The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen" , Hellboy and VanHelsing.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 5:49

Alby wrote:Same same. along with the Fantastic 4 movies as well guys. They did nothing for me.
But enjoyed "The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen" , Hellboy and VanHelsing.

I actually loved all those movies! I'm not kidding!! But I liked the first Hellboy better than the second one.
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 7:14

I have had a copy of Hellboy 2 for months and months and still haven't watch it.
Don't know if I've asked this before...
Has anyone seen Constantine (Keanu Reeves) That's one movie I can watch over and over.

Yep.. Haven't watched it for a while, might have to watch and jog memory. Think I liked it.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by startreksuite Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 13:16

I liked Van Helsing, League..., Hellboy, and Constantine.
startreksuite
startreksuite
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 16:15

I'll have to go rent Constantine. I have never seen it. I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. I loved him in The Lake House, The Matrix flicks, Speed flicks, and a few others...
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 1 Jun 2010 - 23:48

Do it Jen. The daughters liked it a lot. That's how I gauge a lot of movies. If they watch a movie more than once then I can recommend to others.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 6:25

Alby wrote:Do it Jen. The daughters liked it a lot. That's how I gauge a lot of movies. If they watch a movie more than once then I can recommend to others.

Huh.. Ok well then i will go rent Constantine and watch it sometime in the next week. The Forest Leaves of the Dead Icon_biggrin
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down