https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Browser

2 posters

Go down

New Browser Empty New Browser

Post by LeslieG Sat 12 Jun 2010 - 17:15

What’s coming up in the world of IT: Safari's new Make the Web Go Away Button

Version 5 of the Safari web browser from Apple, available for both Windows and MacOS, was released earlier this week. While Safari has not made much of a dent in Internet Explorer's dominant position as Windows users favourite browser, a new feature in version 5 may be about to change that. The tiny Reader button, which pops up on the end of the address bar when you visit any site which Safari considers to be a 'news' type story, has a quite unusual effect. It blanks out the page you are reading, and displays the main text of the page as a simple black on white view, with no adverts, minimal images, and no links. The idea is that it turns the page into something like a newspaper, tuning out all of the flashing adverts and roll-over pop-ups which can make reading stories on the web very distracting.

While this may be good news for users, it certainly poses a problem for websites who rely on advertising revenue to support their sites. It is especially strange as Apple have just announced their own new advertising network to pump small adverts into iPhone and iPad applications. It could be that we are seeing an escalation in the rivalry between Apple and Google, as the latter run the Internet's biggest advertising networks. If you'd like to try out Safari 5, you can get it here:

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

I am going to give this a try for a week, watch this space.

I am trying to be really serious on Knowledge Tree, I am after the kudos that people like Tracy, Alan, Martin, Alex, Craig and others have on Ultimate. It is too late for me to try this on Ultimate as everyone there knows how dim I am on computers in comparison to them. lol! lol! lol!
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

New Browser Empty Re: New Browser

Post by sanshoe Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 3:06

I am trying to be really serious on Knowledge Tree, I am after the kudos that people like Tracy, Alan, Martin, Alex, Craig and others have on Ultimate. It is too late for me to try this on Ultimate as everyone there knows how dim I am on computers in comparison to them.

It's not working...J/K rotflmao rotflmao
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 9:07

Thank you Andrew, A blow to an already fragile ego and to make matters worse on my birthday as well.....sob! sob! sob!
Trust an Aussie to tell it how it is. lol!
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 9:33

LeslieG wrote:Thank you Andrew, A blow to an already fragile ego and to make matters worse on my birthday as well.....sob! sob! sob!
Trust an Aussie to tell it how it is. lol!

I do sincerely apologise les, and to make up I'll just tell everone I lied if they ask...seing it is your birthday anicake I'll go and eat some humble pie now that you've made me feel guilty. :oops: lol!
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by LeslieG Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 12:01

Thats Ok my friend, I have now got over it, having wrung out the tears from my shirt front and telling myself to be brave. I am now ready to face a new day.

Your response was bloody good though !!!! Clapping
LeslieG
LeslieG
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 12:45

rotflmao
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF