https://knowledgetree.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons.

5 posters

Go down

Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons. Empty Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons.

Post by bubbles19 Thu 24 Jun 2010 - 17:41

Other side of town from us but my folks live about 2 mins walk from where this happened.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/184146-police-in-elgin-investigating-death-following-disturbance/
bubbles19
bubbles19
Retired Admin/Mod
Retired Admin/Mod

http://www.knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons. Empty Re: Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons.

Post by Alby Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 4:22

Not what you'd want to happen in a small town mate.
Baseball bats..... A little bit of intent there I'd say.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons. Empty Re: Elgin in the news today for all the wrong reasons.

Post by Vampire Girl Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 5:05

Ok Alex.. So is this where you've been?? :suspect: So do you think the two guys that got clobbered were targeted by the men of the town? It almost sounds like a lynching of sorts.. vigilante justice.. 50 guys against two? And they listed the death as suspicious? Um.. I would call that homicide. It's pretty obvious. I hope those men get brought to justice. That is pretty terrible.
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by JayCee Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 12:21

Normal night out in Nottingham a couple of years ago.
JayCee
JayCee
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 23:56

I'm not going to say too much.... Melbourne's going that way. A lot of knife attacks...
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 10:52

Alby wrote:I'm not going to say too much.... Melbourne's going that way. A lot of knife attacks...

It seems to be a world wide problem Alby, I blame the courts, the judges are just not tough enough to impose appropriate sentences when these hoons are caught and charged.

I'll get off my soap box now.
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 10:56

No,
You're absolutely 100% spot on mate!!! We all think that way... except for the idiots themselves.

just jumped off mine.
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JayCee Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 19:36

And I thought it was just England where the courts look after the idiots rather than Joe public. Shame we can't load 'em on one of the space shuttles and forget about them. I don't know about Australia but over here if you put up barbed wire to keep folks out and they injure themselves breaking in, its you who gets charged not the burglar, how stupid is that?
Oops just fell off my soap box.
JayCee
JayCee
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by sanshoe Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 23:45

JayCee wrote:And I thought it was just England where the courts look after the idiots rather than Joe public. Shame we can't load 'em on one of the space shuttles and forget about them. I don't know about Australia but over here if you put up barbed wire to keep folks out and they injure themselves breaking in, its you who gets charged not the burglar, how stupid is that?

Not stupid...just normal these days.. :affraid:
sanshoe
sanshoe
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Alby Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 0:27

Yep,
The ones doing well out of this are the lawyers with no scruples. Just after the money...

Just climbed back up on my box
Alby
Alby
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 6:02

JayCee wrote:And I thought it was just England where the courts look after the idiots rather than Joe public. Shame we can't load 'em on one of the space shuttles and forget about them. I don't know about Australia but over here if you put up barbed wire to keep folks out and they injure themselves breaking in, its you who gets charged not the burglar, how stupid is that?

JayCee.. I think it is everywhere... if you shoot the B@$!@!& in your own home while protecting your family you can be charged with manslaughter or worse here. So much for our right to bear arms here. If i catch him in the head with a bat i could be charged with assault and battery with a deadly weapon even if it is in my home that the criminal entered illegally with intent to steal or cause harm.. where is the justice in that? :suspect: How is it a soap box if it is true?
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 6:10

JayCee wrote:Normal night out in Nottingham a couple of years ago.

So I take it you have some personal experience in this area...were you one of Robin Hood's merry men.. out robbing, pilaging, and tying on a few with the good friar? :P :twisted:

Last edited by Vampire Girl on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 6:14; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : so i could tease JayCee more thoroughly)
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by JayCee Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 11:05

I'll own up to tying a few on when I was younger. It's a sign of my age but all the best pubs/clubs that I frequented in those days have been either torn down or turned into shopping centres. Oh and the cops look younger too.
JayCee
JayCee
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 1:37

JayCee wrote:I'll own up to tying a few on when I was younger. It's a sign of my age but all the best pubs/clubs that I frequented in those days have been either torn down or turned into shopping centres. Oh and the cops look younger too.

Oh come on.. am i seriously the youngest person here???? well a lot has changed where i am living in the last 10 years and coming back to Buffalo, NY there is a lot that has changed here too. So.. does that make me old too??? Thinking
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by JayCee Sat 3 Jul 2010 - 14:37

Well i have seen your photos and you certainly aren't as old as me lol!
The pubs which I frequent nowadays were considered un-cool and most certainly not worth visiting. The only music comes not from a juke box but a group of locals who play Irish jigs, I love it.
JayCee
JayCee
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sun 4 Jul 2010 - 1:24

JayCee wrote:Well i have seen your photos and you certainly aren't as old as me lol!
The pubs which I frequent nowadays were considered un-cool and most certainly not worth visiting. The only music comes not from a juke box but a group of locals who play Irish jigs, I love it.

You say that like it's a bad thing!! Nothing wrong with live local music at all! Just adds to the charm of the place. As to age, well heck... who cares!! lol!
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Vampirette
Vampirette

Back to top Go down

Post by JayCee Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 14:12

No I wasn't deriding the music, I find it hard to actually stop my foot tapping (sometimes in time with the music). I was just comparing it to when I was younger, well a lot younger really. That was before all the breathalisers came in and you could go out and have a couple without fear of being stopped.
Nothing wrong with age, I now have the time and money to do what I want, it's just a shame the body can't keep up anymore. lol!
JayCee
JayCee
1Click SF
1Click  SF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down